Friday, January 29, 2010

Observing Beauty

A few days ago I left the office earlier than usual.  Darkness had not yet descended and as I was driving home, I realized that there was a spectacular sunset ahead of me.  And while driving, it seemed I was driving into the sunset - the most lovely sight my vision could behold.

Then I started thinking of the sunset in La Jolla, California. Back in November 2009, I was vacationing with my daughter and we spent a wonderful time by the sea in La Jolla, where a spectacular sunset accompanied us until she faded away into the night. Then I realized that  nature's beauty surrounds us all the time and there are spectacular sunsets everywhere if only we can take the time to see them.

That day I discovered that we occupy our time getting so much done that we never stop to see the sunsets.  And that is why when we go on vacation, the sunsets and the sunrises and all of nature seems to be the most beautiful things even though they are always beautiful but we never slow down to enjoy them on a normal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment